Shyqri Nimani, born in Shkodër (Albania), 1941. Graduated in 1967 at Belgrade Applied Arts Academy. Post-degree studies completed in 1969 at the same Academy. He stayed in Japan from 1976 to 1978 in art research. Nimani works as a professor of graphic design at the Faculty of Arts (since 1970), University of Prishtina. He was director of the Kosova National Gallery in Prishtina from 1979 up to 1989. He exhibited his works of visual arts in numerous important national and international manifestations. He got several important awards and prizes. He has published, among others, the book with Japanese poetry One Hundred Haiku, with his translation into Albanian language.
- France, England, Albania, Spain, USA, India, Italy, Greece, Scandinavia, Mexico,
Russia, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Syria, Germany, Japan, China, Singapore, Turkey,
Belgium, Holland etc.
- Belgrade, 1975, 1993; Tokyo, 1978; Prishtina, 1980; New York, 1983; Zagreb, 1984;
Tirana, 1993; Prishtina, 2003; Zagreb 1986, 2008.
- Prof. Nimani has shown his works in many important national and international exhibitions
during last 40 years.
Professor Shyqri Nimani has taken part at important meetings and congresses in Paris, London, Vienna, Tirana, Zagreb, Cairo & Alexandria, Istanbul etc.
Nimani’s Monographs on Albanian Medieval and Contemporary art:
- Onufri dhe piktorë të tjerë mesjetarë shqiptarë
(Onufri and Other Albanian Medieval Artists), Prishtina, 1987
- Arti bashkëkohor i Kosovës
(Contemporary Art of Kosovo), Prishtina, 1988
- Përgatitja e librit
(Book Design), Prishtina, 1990
- Trojet shqiptare në harta dhe stema
(Albanian Lands in Maps and Emblems),
(Albanische Gebiete auf Karten und Wapen), Prishtina, 1997
- ARNAVUD-Artistët Shqiptarë në Perandorinë Osmane,
(ARNAVUD-Albanian Artists in the Ottoman Empire), Prishtina 2003.
Matrenga 1338-a, 2011, Digital Print, 18,5 x 15,5 cm – 110
Matrenga 1338-b, 2011, Digital Print, 15 x 18 cm – 110
Aquarium of Mother Theresa, 2011, Digital Print, 14,5 x 18 cm – 110